Whenever possible I will cite the source; if you find your recipe on here, please email me so I can give you the credit!

Wednesday 16 January 2013

My Taste on It. It's Clever when you think about it


As this will become very evident throughout the blog, I'm just going to get this out of the way now. I don't know much about cooking. Moreover, I don't know much about specialty ingredients, specialty cooking terms, or the difference between boiling and poaching.

Anyway, I've developed this huge interest in cooking. It's not a first, it does happen from time to time. I'll become completely obsessed with cooking something; usually Indian food, though I don't know why because I generally have to be in a very specific mood to eat Indian food, and that's rare. Historically, I don't really eat my own cooking. I'll make enough food to feed an army, then I'll just give it all away. I have some lucky, lucky friends.

That all changed after I had my first daughter. After that, aside from baby food, I HATED cooking everything. I made all her baby food, and that was kinda fun, but before you know it she'd just be eating littler portions of what I was eating, so that was pretty short lived.

In the past few years, I'd go through little bursts of cooking frenzies. I don't know what brings them on, and I don't know what makes them go away. I just know when they hit, I can't stop.

My family gets pretty excited when it happens, and needless to say very disappointed when they stop. Generally every six weeks something new will strike my fancy then I'll be off. In my defense, they are usually the same little hobbies set up in a six week rotation. I'll cook, then I'll blog, then I'll make little stuffed animals for the baby, then I'll sketch and draw, then I'll cook again.

This time I'm blogging about cooking, and I'm hoping to figure out how to add pictures, so then I can fold my photography itch in as well, and maybe we can go for 18 weeks straight on the same thing, and give me a chance to either fill my freezer with tasty dinners or to lull my family into a false sense of security. I guess we'll see.

I guess the point of this whole blog is to help me express some of the feelings I have about cooking, share my defeats and triumphs, just give you all my take on the experience. But I'm going to say "taste" on it, because it's about cooking, and I'm clever like that. (As I prove that in my other blog.)

This will be a fun little way for us to grow together.

Though, realistically this will be a way for you to watch me grow as a kitchen dweller.

No comments:

Post a Comment