Whenever possible I will cite the source; if you find your recipe on here, please email me so I can give you the credit!

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Honey Garlic Chicken in the Pot

Sometimes it is hard to find something that everyone likes, especially when you have children. Have you ever noticed that something that was good last week, is completely unacceptable this week? How does that even work?? I get that tastes change over time, but a week? Ugh!

As I seem to be on quite the crock kick, I'm going to continue with that and share the Honey Garlic Chicken in the pot. I'm sitting here right now, smelling it as the crock does its thing, crossing my fingers all the while that my littlest angel falls asleep. Here's hoping.

What you need:

  • Bunch of Chicken, today I'm using 8 drumsticks
  • 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup honey or a bit more depending on your tastes
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 1/2 generous tsp minced garlic (about 6 cloves crushed)
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped. 
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red chili peppers
What to do:
  • Lay out your chicken at the bottom of your crock
  • Mix all the other stuff together
  • Pour it over the chicken
  • Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until done
Dump it all into the Crock

Cover and cook
Could it be any easier than that? I mean really?
Serve with rice or egg noodles or spaghetti squash disguised to look like noodles. Not saying I am, but I totally am. 

This recipe is a modification of several that I found on pinterest. 

That's my taste on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment