Whenever possible I will cite the source; if you find your recipe on here, please email me so I can give you the credit!

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Pizza Sauce

While in the spirit of Pizza, I would be remiss if I left out a pretty simple sauce to add to your homemade pizza crust and your Homemade Mozzarella Cheese.

I kinda just threw this sauce together when I wanted pizza and realized I had everything but the sauce. So just bear in mind that these are adjusted to mine and my family's tastes--who am I kidding, just mine. They love it anyway.

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • pinch of salt (totally optional)
Here's what you'll do:
  • Mix everything together in a bowl or container with lid.
Yeah, it's that simple. This will make enough to cover two pizzas. I would recommend making the sauce in the morning or the night before to give all the flavours a chance to get to know each other and mingle.

But it really is that easy. I don't really add the salt because I find there to be enough of it in the paste, but again completely up to you. 

That's My Taste On It!

No comments:

Post a Comment